HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Smoke Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 01:31:58 +0000
> THIS IS A MESSAGE IN 'MIME' FORMAT.  Your mail reader may not support MIME.
> Some parts of this will be readable as plain text.
> To see the rest, you may need to upgrade your mail reader.

--_32d99f4f.5707.1_msaumail.att.net=_

From: Michael Pfeiffer:R08F10A
Date: ## 01/12/97 20:31 ##
Peter: The dictionary is correct. HOWEVER: There are few
actual pipes known to made from kaolin and they are mostly VERY
early. Anyone who make their pipes from kaolin would also feed the
neighborhood dogs jumbo shrimp and filet mignon. For cheap utiitarian
wares such as clay tobacco pipes, plain white ball clay was used. So
much so in fact, that it began to be called pipe clay during the
period of mass manufactue of English clay tobacco pipes.
Smoke Pfeiffer

--_32d99f4f.5707.1_msaumail.att.net=_