Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Dave Green, Eastern Pollinator Newsletter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 07:59:47 -0500
In a message dated 96-03-08 03:35:52 EST, [log in to unmask] (Michael L.
Wallace) writes:

>I am aware of research that is going on, right now, that involves the use of
>electrical shock, in conjunction with various types of venoms.  I know that,
>to date, the research has shown that all bee, wasp, spider and snake venoms
>consist of a complex, "energy seeking" protein and that the basics of that
>protein exist in all known venoms.  This protein, when it enters the body,
>seeks energy to unlock and actually be beneficial to the human body, rather
>than detrimental.  It can not find the energy that it seeks and as a result
>loops back on itself in a never ending, energy seeking loop and that is what
>causes it to be "poisonous" to the human body.
>
>They, preliminarily, have already, substantially proven that by introducing
>a high-volt, momentary shock, using a taser (stun gun), 3 to 5 times around
>the sting/bite site, the energy is provided, necessary to unlock the
>protein.  I believe the University of Oklahoma has been leading the research
>in this area and it has been used several times on bite/sting victims with
>great success.  So much so, that Wycliffe Bible Translators are requiring
>that all of their missionaries carry tasers to the different countries that
>they go to.
>
>I heard one story of a missionaries' wife, in India, who was bitten by a
>crate (sp?) snake.  The husband went for his taser, but the batteries were
>dead.  He had been working on his motorcycle, so he took his wife to it and
>shocked the site with the spark plug wire.  I understand she became person
>number 4, in all of recorded history, to live through the bite of this
>particular snake.  Anyway, that's straying from the question.
>
>The question is this:  Has anyone done any research using the combination of
>bee venom and high-volt electrical shock to treat any ailments or is this
>information so new that it has not been considered?  If not, could this not
>be something that someone might need to look into?

  As it was told me, the electric shock breaks down the venemous proteins to
render them harmless.  The premise seems far-fetched, so I am naturally
skeptical.

  The device that Wycliffe missionaries use is manufactured at Jungle
Aviation and Radio Service (JAARS), PO Box 248, Waxhaw, NC   29173-0248 USA.
They are a group associated with Wycliffe that provides services to Christian
misionaries. (I've seen one of their planes, which can land or take off in
about 4 plane lengths.  They are also big into computors, which they provide
for missionaries in the remotest areas, along with radio contact, similar to
internet connections)

  I understand they do sell the shocker device to the public, for somewhere
in the $20 range.  I had considered getting one to experiment with.

  The shock is provided by a pizzoelectric crystal.  I believe they rework
the igniter setups used to light propane heaters.

   I will contact them for more info, and see if I can release their e-mail
address. They are convinced that the device has been a life-saver in
snake-bite situations. Missionaries in some situations are now required to
carry them.  JAARS is a reputable organization, and they are not trying to
scam anyone.  They are not out trying to "sell" this device, and they might
not be willing to provide large quantities.  I am acquainted with a retired
man who is working with them as a volunteer.

   Does anyone have more info on the scientific end of this?

[log in to unmask]   Dave Green,  PO Box 1200,  Hemingway, SC  29554  USA