HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Iain Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 14:39:10 +1100
Message Body (12 lines)
Mail*LinkŪ SMTP               Asian Historical Archaeology

Wayne Mullen a post-grad student here at the Universtiy of Sydney is researching Indian cantonments looking at spatial organisation relating to hygene. This may fall into the sphere of interest known as "Asian historical archaeology" so I can put you in contact with him if you like.

There is also some work on Indian shipbuilding as discovered from the wrecks of various ships in Australian waters the most notable being the Sydney Cove (1798).

There is some thought that we in Australia are part of Asia and this is why it is the Australasian Society of Historical Archaeology although I suspect this interpretation may be pushinh the limmits of prudent geography.

Iain Stuart
University of Sydney