HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"David A. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:46:17 -0400
Everyone:

There seems to be a lot of interest in the session. Let's give it a go. I
just sent a post over to Sub-arch to see if anyone there wanted to play
along.

Thus far, Freeman Heath has chimed in for the internet paper, and William
Moss has claimed interest in GIS. Jane Cox sent something about CAD and
GPS, but I have yet to reach her due to our conflicting schedules.
Interestingly enough, we still need a Database paper, which was the genesis
of the whole idea. Remember, I'm already committed to another paper.

I hope that these papers will act as a theoretical introduction to the
technology and its possibilities, using your own projects as primary
examples, but also showing what else is going on out there. Then we can
open the floor and have some productive discussion about what we can really
do with this stuff. The possibilities are endless, I know.

the deadline is fast approaching.

David