HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ron Fellows <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:46:40 -0800
[log in to unmask] wrote:

Are you in luck...On Friday, March 14th Jack Williams, Executive
Director of the Center for Spanish Colonial Archaeoloy at San Diego will
speak on the Presidio for the San Diego Society of the Archaeological
Institute of America. Dr. Williams topic is "Private Lives and Personal
Space in Spanish Colonial California: the Royal Presidio of San Diego".
The lecture at 7:00 p.m., is free and open to the public and is at the
United Methodist Church, 6063 La Jolla Blvd., La Jolla.
The next day, Saturday, March 15th.,we will have a personal VIP tour of
the Presidio dig site at 12:30 p.m., and then a tour of the Junipero
Serra Museum just up the hill, where artifacts from the Presidio are on
display.
Be there!
Ron Fellows, Secretary, The San Diego Society, AIA
and Editor, The Glyph
PS:  This Friday, February 14th we have Dr. Stephan Steingraber from
Tokyo University, speaking on "Palaces of the Gods: Palaces and
Sanctuaries in Thailand".  Same time , same place, also free.
Ron