HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Barna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 09:21:14 -0500
Good morning  HISTARCH readers !

It is with interest that I have noticed discussion about moving the SHA
meetings to a new time slot.

For several years, I'd suggested to the SHA  "Powers" about trying coordinate
SHA meetings with one of the professional history organizations.  ( a heretical
idea, I know, but the "H" in SHA does, after all, stand for "Historical"
)  The two best candidates are the Western History Association, which meets
in October,  and  the Organization of American Historians, which meets
in March or April (it varries depending on the host) . WHA ist he smaller
of the two and perhaps simpler logistically.  WHA is no more limited in
its range than  CNEHA or the Plains Conference.

 I always thought that a greater degree of interdisciplinary coordination
would benefit all.  I'm disapointed to still see that the AAA, SAA,  Plains
Conference, etc.,  is still define the limits of our horizon.

Carl Barna