HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Ellenbaum, Charles O." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 10:24:00 PST
FYI
Chuck
FORWARDED FROM: Ellenbaum, Charles O.
Date:         Thu, 14 Nov 1996 10:16:35 -0600
Sender: Archaeology List <[log in to unmask]>
From: Deborah Morse-Kahn <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      New Rock Art Web Page
To: Multiple recipients of list ARCH-L <[log in to unmask]>
I am very pleased to announce the creation of a beautiful new Web Page for
rock art studies focused solely on the Upper Midwest of the United States
and on the Canadian Shield district into Canada.

The address of this new page is:   http://www.pclink.com/cbailey/

The new Web Page was envisioned as a direct extension of a comprehensive
rock art studies organization tentatively called Upper Midwest Rock Art
Research Association.  The name is patterned after the national
organization ARARA; however, the mission of the organization and a final
name are still under consideration.  What we do know at this time is that,
following the successful effort of, and very heartening response to, the
Rock Art Symposium at the 54th Plains Anthropological Conference at Iowa
City this past month [Stanley and Morse-Kahn, Co-Moderators], we wish to
foster continued cooperative research effort for rock art studies
specifically in the Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and in Canada over
our state borders.  [There are already existing organizations in the
region, e.g., Wisconsin, and considerations for their needs and goals will
remain a priority.]

Your comments and considerations on this new organization--for which we
intend to solicit as members researchers both within and outside of the
professional archaeology realm--are sought.  Please write to me at my
e-mail address at any time in the coming months.

Contributions to the new Web Page in the form of articles and graphics are
also sought, with final decisions on selection in the hands of the Web Page
author.   Contact information is contained in the Web Page, or you may
write directly to the page author:

Charlie Bailey    [log in to unmask]

Cheers!  - dmk

Deborah Morse-Kahn, M.A.