HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rick Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 09:42:15 -0500
Hello

I need to preserve a piece of 18th iron on very limited funding. A
commercial product called CONQUEST has been recommended to me. This stuff
is a "polymeric rust converter", you just paint it on and it "Chemically
converts existing rust into corrosion-resistant black protective
barrier"...

Does anyone have experience with this or other similar products? How long
does it last? Does it prevent using other methods if funds become
available in five years? Should I make a bath of it to soak my iron artifact.

Thanks very much for your help
Rick Morris