HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jim Finnigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 16:58:21 +0600
We have just completed an excavation at the Doukhobor village of Kirilovka
which is located west of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (just west of Langham).
This village was occupied by members of the Prince Albert colony from
approximately 1902 to 1920.  A portion of the village was being destroyed
by highway construction and this was a salvage dig in the true sense of the
word. We have put together a webb page with information on the site and we
will be updating this over the fall.  If anyone is interested the address
is

               http://www.westernheritage.ca

Jim Finnigan
Western Heritage Services Inc.