HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Chuck Niquette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 15:16:56 -0400

>Can anyone give us some help on dating Victor Traps.  Traps are often found
>in p
>rehistoric sites in this area.  This provides an historic component to the
>site
>that we would like to document and date as well as some idea about
collection
>of
> prehistoric material. Mark Henderson Ely BLM NV (702)289-1800.

To the best of my knowledge these traps have been produced solely by the
Animal Trap Factory in Lititz, Pa.  The company is still operating, but has
changed its name to the Woodstream Corporation in recent years.  I'm sure
that Woodstream has a great deal of information about the history of the
company and their products.  It has been quite a few years since I visited
the plant, but they did have a pretty good exhibit hall at one time.

chuck