HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dorothy Humpf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 11:46:44 -0400
<any>:[log in to unmask]
RE: Why does RJ bother us?
Speaking for myself, RJ doesn't really bother me.  I don't usually
agree with what he says, but he has a right to believe in whatever he
wants.  What does bother me (and probably alot of others) is that
I (we) are honestly and sincerely interested in protecting archaeological
sites (and not just Native American ones) from destruction and development,
and he seems to think this means we are evil exploiters of Native
Americans.  I think he's fighting the wrong enemy by preaching to
us.  Maybe he needs to get on a property rights/anti-environmental
discussion list and discuss his viewpoints there.  It would probably
do more good.
Dorothy Humpf