HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Christine Flaherty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 1995 11:21:43 -0500
On Sun, 26 Feb 1995, Kerry Ogata wrote:

> I will post my bibliography within the week.  I have to get everything
> formatted, etc.  I still haven't entered all the refs into EndNote.
> BTW, EndNote is a fairly good bibliography program, but does anyone know
> of anything a bit better?  I would like to be able to import some
> of the files that are posted here and use them, but it doesn't seem
> like it can be done with that program.  But I digress....stay tuned
> for my bib.
>
> Kerry

Glenn Stone has a bibliography manager called BIB.  Not having used other
programs I can't offer a comparison, but its main features are that it's
very easy to use, and it formats out your bibliographies for the word
processor of your choice _and_ the journal of your choice; ie. formats
into wordperfect 6.0 in the style of American Anthropologist, or into
word for windows in proper format for American Antiquity etc. (There's a
selection of the most popular word processers and a fairly large
selection of social science journals).

It also can take references in text format to be read in.  You do,
however, have to do a little manipulation with an already typed out
bibliography, like putting each item on a separate line (author, date,
title, etc), but it's certainly faster than retyping.

The cost is $75, and $50 for students.  I don't have the ordering info,
but if you email me I can get it for you.  I also believe that he has
demos available. (This software runs out of DOS)

                                        --Christine Flaherty