HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Robert T Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 1994 20:08:56 -0500
I am not sure about this one, but is this the attempted settlement by the
Spanish along the South Carolina coast in 1521? If so, it ended shortly
in failure as Ayllon died and the remaining settlers were starved out and
harrased by the local Indians whom the Spanish had generally mistreated,
even though the Indians had been friendly at first.
If this is the expedition you are refering to, let me know and I will
give you some references.

> > My fouteen year-old son came home with an
assignment on the