HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Michael Trinkley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:37:04 -0500
Several different choices.

The Government Printing Office, I believe, carries two scale sizes in white
plastic, marked in centimeters. These are offered as part of the NPT
Curatorial Services Branch, Washington, DC  20013-7127. It's been several
years since I ordered, so I don't know the price. Very nice scales and they
last forever with reasonable care.

Kodak offers their Kodak Color Control Patches. Two in a package. One for B/W
(with a gray scale) and the other for color (with color scales). They are
marked in inches and centimeters. A little long for what you want, but they
are paper and can be easily cut down (you'll lose some of your color
controls, but that shouldn't be too big of a deal for most photographs.

You mentioned that you were using a light table, which suggests a third
option. Using film ink you can easily create appropriate scales on clear
acetate.

Best,

Michael Trinkley, Ph.D.
Director