HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Michael Trinkley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 1996 08:56:09 -0400
Linda Derry, about a week ago, posed a good question -- after being ALERTed
about the Advisory Council, the issue seems to have gone away. Perhaps this
is because I missed some intervenning message (I have been wading through a
lot of minutia about mummies recently). Perhaps it is because the amazing
response of the historic preservation community squashed congress (I suppose
that miracles do happen). More likely, it seems that those cross posting
ALERTs, of whatever nature, rarely ever come back with follow-ups.

While I appreciate James Cusick's suggestion regarding using "Washington
Alert," it really seems that it isn't asking too much to have those who
originally post ALERTs, come back and provide periodic follow-up. That would
seem to not only be a reasonable courtesy, but to also ensure that the rest
of us take the issue seriously.

Just a thought . . . . .

Best,

Mike Trinkley