Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 18:50:40 -0400
Carpenter bees are causing problems.  Our home is ten years old and for the
past five years carpenter bees have been drilling 3/8 inch diameter holes in
the cedar trim.  I've tried plugging these holes with silicone or dead bees
and, in every case, two new holes appear nearby.  these large-hummingbird
size--bees keeping making sawdust!!
Anyone with thoughts or a solution or any relevant information: please e-mail
me at "Ace Tubby @aol.com.  I am located in the connnecticut river valley,
near long island sound and any  available information about the entymology of
carpenter bees might also be useful.

                        thank you, Dave Brainard