HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rich Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 14:45:25 -0500
We are actively seeking CRM firms with an interest in utilizing GPS/GIS
techniques to perform site survey mapping and analysis.  We are currently
using differentially corrected 1 meter resolution GPS survey receivers to
record site and artifact distributions with several types of digital map
formats as geographic reference including USGS 7.5 minute quadrangles.
Arcview 2.X is used to display and query collected survey data for analysis.

This methodology has been successfully employed on a number of recent
archaeological projects including the 1995/1996 survey of the Battle of
Fallen Timbers near Toledo in Lucas County, Ohio.
(see http://www.heidelberg.edu/FallenTimbers)

HAR, Inc. provides comprehensive survey and mapping services as
subcontractors to CRM firms expeditiously and at a fraction of the cost of
conventional methods.  For more information please feel free to contact us
by one of the means below or by phone @ (812) 358-2447.

For those of you subscribed to multiple lists, please excuse the cross posting.

Regards,
Rich Green
Mail to: [log in to unmask]
Web URL: http://www.hsonline.net/~harinc/