From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 14:56:30 EST
Does there exist anywhere (preferably on the web) a map that shows the
extent to which Africanized honeybees have migrated into the United
States?  I have searched the "Africanized Bees" homepage at Texas A&M,
but didn't find what I was looking for.

I know the first authenticated case was in Weslaco, Texas and
have heard of other incidents in California and Arizona, but what I
would like to see is a map with confirmed migratory boundaries
identified.  Generally this is to satisfy my own curiosity, but
specifically I'm concerned with the possibility of AHB genes being
available to queens bred in areas that are, say 361.2 miles from
Weslaco, Texas (as the car drives, not as the bees fly).  This would not
affect my order (which I have already placed), but it would satisfy my
curiosity.

Anxiously awaiting my packages!
Grey pollen coming in, in upstate (Saratoga) New York!
Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!