Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gordon Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 20:18:56 +0000
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Does anyone have the directions for making* creamed* honey or *spun* honey?
> We have been buying it for a long time, and I would like to make it at
> home. I have an article on it from Brushy Mountain Bee Farm, but the
> directions are not clear. Any info would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Ed
> --

I heat the honey en-masse [a relative term :-)] to about 40/45C
to melt any crystals, then allow to cool to just warm before
stirring in a fine-crystal seed honey like Canadian Clover or
a fine oil-seed honey. Then I allow the honey to crystalise
completely -- it should set with thwe same fine crystals as the
seed. When I want to bottle, I warm it again to about 30C and
break up the limps with a large potato-ricer/masher type tool
(they are sold here by some bye some suppliers, however some
beekeepers have a bicycle chain-wheel welded to a suitable rod --
choose your materials well though).

Allow the bubbles to clear and jar as usual -- flows slower though ;-)

Regards,
--
Gordon Scott   [log in to unmask]      [log in to unmask] (work)
The Basingstoke Beekeeper (newsletter)      [log in to unmask]