Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 16:19:52 -0500
To: Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
    Cells Vs. mated queens- looks like its a matter of personal taste and
or successes. One more comment though. Recent bee literature is filled
with talk about controlling diseases with genetics. As an industry I don't
think there is even one success (what major disease is no longer treated
due to our breeding efforts-natural selection doesn't count). It seems to
me that if genetic disease control (breeding for resistance) is our goal
then we not only should use mated queens but queens that have been
properly bred.

        What thoughts are out there regarding genetic vs. chemical disease
control? Are we barking up the wrong tree?