From:
JOHN IANNUZZI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 08:07:41 -0500
 F1sep and again a week latert--in other words, just two treatments.

riends,

  1. To treat for tracheal mites, I saturated a paper towel w/
  the cheapest vegetable oil I can find and place the sheet
  on top of the frames between the two deep broodchambers
Hand repeat the process a week later. (This machine is acting funny &
I have no control over it. Must be at the other end.)
 2. I don't use menthol crystals nor anything else and my bees come
out of the winter as well as anybody else's.

3. BTW, a strong colony will chew up the paper and cast it from the
hive w/in a week or the fuzzy cotton-like balls can be seen in the
pollen trap.

4. Does anybody know of a cheaper/easier way to get the slimy stuff
alll over tghe little ladies' bodies?
5. Have been using this method ever since the T-mite swanm across
the Rio Grande bout 10? years ago, about which time I was shocked to
lose 20 of 24 (yes, 20 of 24) colonies.

Cheers.  Jack the B-man.]

   John Iannuzzi PhD            * "Singing masons building roofs
   9772 Old Annapolis Rd        *  of gold."       --Shakespeare
   Ellicott City MD 21042 usa   *  20 Italian colonies
   [log in to unmask]   *  3-1/2 decades in beedom