From:
Ken Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 1995 03:16:43 EST
 Jill:
 I think the active ingredient in Adolf's is papain...
 It has the ability to break down enzyme causing suffering...

 There is/was an experimental treatment using pqapain on spinal
 disc ruptures...that it would dissolve the material that had
 been expelled from discs.

 If my memory doesn't fail me...I think papain comes from the
 pit of peaches or apricots or some such fruit

 My observation from trying meat tenderizer is the skin surrounding
 sting site is discolored and healing appears to be slowed down...

 Get the stinger out as soon as possible and grin and bear it
 without anything......If multiple stings....real booboo
 Take some benadryl....Watch for signs of anaphalatic shock....
 If any signs of systemic reaction.....Use epipen and head for
 the emergency room......All beekeepers SHOULD have access to an
 epi-pen and now how to use it in case he himself suddenly needs it
 or one of his volunteer workers/friends, etc. begins to have a
 reaction....KNOW THE SIGNS!   Bee Prepared!

 Sincerely,
 [log in to unmask] - Ken Adams