HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Nassaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 1994 09:09:39 -0400
Greetings net heads!

Before I jump into the debate regarding what can and cannot be said on this
server, I think it would be useful if we were all reminded about the rules of
the game.  Isn't there someone (Anita?) who decides what is appropiate
scholarly exchange, healthy debate, gossip, or outright lies or slander?  And
how are such transgressors to be dealt with in this forum?  Before some of us
say things that we might regret (for a host of personal, professional, etc.,
reasons) it would be in our best interests to know what the rules are.  From my
limited knowledge, I thought that some of the comments that I've read recently
would ban the sender from further participation.  I'm just glad that I'm not
charged with deciding what should be censured. As I've always thought, thin
lines separate appropriate and inappropriate bevavior.

Just some ruminations from a lurker.

Michael Nassaney
Western Michigan University