HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Kevin E. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin E. Smith
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 17:58:29 -0600
I have placed approximately one dozen bibliographies relevant to
historical archaeology in the United States on a new Research Bibliography
web page (most were supplied By Bill Adams -- [log in to unmask]).  I
have also provided links to several other bibliographies with some
research potential for historical archaeology.  None of these
bibliographies are "mine", and some are preliminary at best, but I would
like to develop this web page into a substantial bibliographic research
page -- so, comments, additions, etc. are welcome.

Most of the bibliographies concern material culture -- ceramics, glass,
plastic, military artifact, etc.  However, some include information on
published catalogs, and other types of archival resources.

The URL is:

http://www.mtsu.edu/~kesmith/TNARCHNET/archpage.html

From there, follow the links to Publications, then to Bibliographies for
Archaeological Research.

Let me know what you think about the pages.  They are rough and just
starting, but I'm willing to keep them up and update them if they appear
useful to the community at large.

Also, if you have bibliographies "on line" that could be linked from this
page, let me know.  And, if you have biblios that you would like to have
added to the site or merged with an existing bibliography, send me an
email.

Thanks for looking this over.

Kevin E. Smith

Kevin E. Smith, Assistant Professor of Anthropology
Anthropology -- PO Box 10
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA 37132