HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Iain Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 17:15:22 +1000
Mail*Link(r) SMTP               Pigs and Sheep

The wreck of the William Salthouse (1841) in Port Phillip Bay, Victoria,
Australia contained barrels of pork and beef from Canada. The pork contained
pig skulls sliced in half. I can supply references to the publications if
anyone wants them.

On another tack when the police next stop me in my car I will say "Oh officer
I am a desk bound, post modern archaeologisit out practicing living
archaeology so I can have an opinion and what I am doing is replicating end of
road behaviour".

Iain Stuart
University of Sydney