HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Steve Hoyt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 1995 13:50:24 -0600
Donald Huebner wrote:
>>I attended the Atocha exhibit in Austin and there was NO charge.  It was at
>Joe Koen and Sons Jewelry Store.  I detect a bit of mis-information in the
>air.  I wonder where these artifacts would be if some where not for sale;
>probably still under water and unseen by anyone.
>
>djh
>DONALD J. HUEBNER ([log in to unmask])

Donald,

The exhibit and lecture in Austin to which I referred was held at the new
Barnes and Noble bookstore and the entrance charge was $75 per person
exactly as I stated.  Obviously you attended only the exhibit which was held
at another location.  There is no misinformation here, simply additional
information.  As for the current disposition of the artifacts, Anita
addressed this issue succinctly.

Steve Hoyt