From:
Patrick M O'Hearn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 1995 00:08:26 EDT
Hello All,
Has anyone had experience with pollination of pumpkins?  A fellow beekeeper out
here has been approached about setting 200 hives for pumpkin pollination.  He
was wondering if there was any honey to be made off of the pumpkins since the
set would be for 30 days in July and would take the hives off of the regular
flow.  Unlike spring pollination, this would interfere with a pretty good
honeyflow and he is wondering if it would be worth it?
I will be gone for the next week and get bee-l in digest form.  I dont know how
long Compuserve will hold the digests but I do know they hold E-mail so, please
reply to me personally.
thanks

Patrick O'Hearn
Aztec, New Mexico