From:
David Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 15:14:32 -0400
I just finished talking to Mr. John Dalrymple, Director, Advancments.  He
told me that in response to the number of letters and telephone calls
received regarding Beekeeping merit badge, the Advancement Committee will
re-examine it at their next meeting in early October.  Hurrah!

The Advancement Committee meets three times a year.  If a merit badge falls
below 1000 earned per year it is examined by the committee.  If it shows no
sign of improvement over three to five years, it is dropped.  About 700-800
Beekeeping MBs have been earned per year for the last four or five years.  We
only need are about 300 more per year!

Read Dr. Dewey Caron's article in Bee Culture, October 1994.  The key is to
get it organized, set a date, keep down the cost to the Scout, and to get the
word to the local District Roundtable.

Mr. Dalrymple's fax number is 214-580-2502.

Don't just keep up the pressure.  PLEDGE TO ACT!!!

PLAN TO HAVE SCOUTS AT YOUR NEXT SHORT COURSE!

Cheers,
David Morris