HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Staeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 10:40:45 -0600
Thanks much to all of you with film ideas.  Mary's post regarding using the
Archaeology series from The Learning channel struck a chord.  Indeed, you
may purchase specific episodes for a large price through films for the
humantities and social Sciences.  However, Time-Life has serialized the show
and you can buy a tape with two episodes on it for $35, incl. shipping.
Normally they like you to subscribe to their monthly or so service of these
tapes, which I do since I teach world prehistory and only have 50 minute
class periods (YUCK!).  I called Time-Life yesterday and you can request a
list of videos that they have serialized and, at least according to the very
polite phone rep, order these by title or pair of titles (I forgot to ask
the specifics on this).  The point is, you can purchase episodes of this
series for a much more reasonable price!!

I will forward to this list some of the historic titles that appear on the
list after I receive the material from Time-Life.

In hopes of saving folks a few $ - john
John Staeck                       Warner's Rule #2
Anthropology Program            Never, ever, buy from Acme
Luther College                        without an iron-clad
Decorah, IA 52101                     return agreement.
319-387-1284