HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 1995 18:50:30 +0000
Pipe with TD on the back of the bowl were made by the dutch, english,
french, american, and canadian pipemakers (off the top of my head)
and probably more.  Check out the ARCHAEOLOGY OF THE CLAY TOBACCO
PIPE series published by British Archaeological Reports. Also check
of the intermittant journal HISTORIC CLAY TOBACCO PIPE STUDIES by
Byron Sudbury (P.O. Box 2282, Ponca City, Oklahoma 74602), editor.
There is also the Society for Clay Pipe Research (13 Sommerville
Road, Bishopston, Bristol, BS7 9AD, UK).  Our internet link was down
so I did not see who sent out the original message.  Whoever, it was
(and the Shadow knows), contact me for possible freebees.
Smoke Pfeiffer (how did he get a name like that?)