From:
Mike Griggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 1994 18:17:44 -0400
Since the basic method to deploy the chemical in these strips is via
volitilisation, refrigeration and better yet freezing the unused strips
will surely decrease the loss of active ingreadient, thereby prolonging
storage.  Care should definately be exercised to insure the strips are in a
sealed nonporus conainer especilly if they will be in a freezer that has
food.  It would be far better to store them in a freezer that does not
contain food, but this may not be feasable for hobyists.  I use a glass jar
with a ground glass seal that I got from a laboratory supply house.  I have
used frozen strips after a  year and they apaently work as well as new.
Your milage may vary.  The important part is to insure sealed, nonporus
(plastics can allow some volitile through) sealed containers.  My second
choice would be to place the strips in a mason jar.

Mike Griggs Entomologist/Apiculturalist/Arborist