HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Ellenbaum, Charles O." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:49:00 PST
Can anyone provide help?
Chuck
FORWARDED FROM: Ellenbaum, Charles O.
Date:         Tue, 19 Nov 1996 16:19:45 PST
Sender: Archaeology List <[log in to unmask]>
From: "Michael S. Sanders" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Assistance Please
To: Multiple recipients of list ARCH-L <[log in to unmask]>
We would be very much obliged for any information on the following.

1) Any books in print which describe how the various layers of the bronze
and iron ages were originally dated in Near Eastern archaeology and how
these dates may have evolved over the years. If there are none could
someone suggest any papers or books no longer in print which addresses
the subject.

2) Has anything been published suggesting how the Baalbek megaliths were moved
 into position.

3) Any paper which brings up-to-date the latest thinking re. the dating of the
 various so-called "Solomonic Gateways"/

4) I just returned from Guatamala and the museum has a couple of fascinating
 maps showing routes of the migrations into Guatamala from the Pacific
and the locations of the Jade deposits. Has anything been written on the
 comparisons between the Chinese and Guatamalan fascination for Jade.

Your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Ever

Mike Sanders