From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 07:44:25 -0600

> >I then switched to Formic acid and every year since, my tracheal mite
> >problem is less severe.
>
> Formic acid is not an approved method of mite control in the U.S. As a
> matter of fact, if you use fomic acid in the treatment of mites; you stand
> the chance of having your honey banned from sale.

Fortunatly, in my opinion, at this time Formic acid is available for use
in Canada.  How about the rest of the world - can you legally use it in
your area?

> Correct me if I am wrong. But according to a recent article in one of the
> Bee mags; they were studying how to safely use formic acid.

Good idea - Formic acid is an extremely dangerous product.

Eric Abell                           email: [log in to unmask]
Gibbons, AB, T0A 1N0
Canada
(403) 998 3143