From:
Sharon Collman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 1994 23:56:40 PDT
A reminder that all pesticides must be used according to the label
instructions.  No instructions, no use.  If you are commercial, and
there is a complaint, and it is determined that the label has been
violated, it could cause serious problems: fines and pulling the honey
off the market.  To check for pesticide rules in your state, the state
Department of Agriculture (pesticides section - whatever it's called
in your state) investigates all complaints and can impose fines.  they
also register all pesticides and can tell you if Maverick has a label
for use on bees.  Your state apiary inspector may also be able to help.

I am less familiar with Food and Drug Administrations rules.

I realize that there are few choices for beekeepers, since it is a
 minor "crop" and a high risk ie cost if there is problems and you
sue the company for bee loss.  You may need to work through
your apiary inspector and local IR-4 coordinator or the national
 association may need to get involved and help develop labels
 for bees.

 Finally, check with the manufacturer of the product you purchased.  There may
be something you are or are not doing.

Good luck and Read and Heed that Label.

SHARON J. COLLMAN
W.S.U. COOPERATIVE EXTENSION