HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 1995 00:28:36 -0700
   The 29th Annual Society for California Archaeology meetings will be held
April 6-9, 1995 at the Eureka Inn, Eureka, California. There are several
symposia that people here might be interested in. I have the complete
abstracts of the symposia if anyone wants me to post them. Jack and I are
giving papers on two of the California presidios, which is why we are going.

    The Town and the Country: Historical Archaeology in the East Bay Area (San
Francisco). Mary Praetzellis, Chair.

    Decompressing the Data: A Survey of Underwater Archaeology in California.
John Foster, Chair.

    Archaeological Interpretation and Public Involvement. Dick Markley and
Chuck Whatford, Chairs.

    Investigations of Work Camps in the Western United States. Michael
Sampson, Chair.

    Integration of Fort Hunter Liggett (FHL) Cultural Resources Management and
Land Use: Development and Implementation of a Historic Preservation Plan.
Thomas Jackson and LTC Thomas McNerney, Chairs. (Mission San Antonio de Padua
is in the middle of Fort Hunter Liggett.)

    Pacific Coast Presidios and Forts. Glenn Farris, Chair.

    Historic Archaeology in San Diego and Imperial Counties. Stephen Van
Wormer, Chair.

    The FROLIC Shipwreck Project: Getting Archaeology Back to the Community.
Thomas Layton, Chair.

    Workshop on Remote Sensing Data Processing and Analysis. Lewis Somers,
Chair.

    Let me know if you'd like me to post the abstracts of these symposia. All
in all there are 23 symposia at these meetings.

Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
INTERNET: [log in to unmask]   Owner: HISTARCH