HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Susan Hector <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 1994 17:50:57 -0400
Wow, that sure was a long message.  My only real disagreement is based on
my experience in academics, the private sector, teaching, and now the
government (20 years of archaeology experience):  writing should be
taught in JUNIOR HIGH--waiting until college is futile.  And by the
way junior high teachers should go back to school.  PS I have a son now
completing Junior High; I didn't think we would survive.  The expectations
from the students are ridiculously low.  No wonder people with MAs cannot
write.  While I'm at it, teach elementary school kids how to TYPE (keyboard
as they now call it so the boys won't be upset).
Thanks,
Susan Hector