Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Matt Ter Molen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 09:45:00 CST
There are a number of things that you can do with a couple of uncapped
frames that you don't want to extract.  One option would be to place
an empty super over the inner cover of a hive that needs feeding and
place the frame/s in that super.  The bees will take the honey down and
use it for winter stores.  Another option would be to extract the honey
and then feed it to colonies that needed winter stores by placing the
honey in a feeder frame or inverted jar feeder.  A final option would be
to just set out the frames by your apiary and let the bees take it when
they clean up your supers.  I wouldn't really recommend this option
because it can promote robbing in your bee yard and pass disease on to
other colonies.  I would (and do) use option one of putting the frames
in a super over the inner cover of a hive that needs more feed.  I hope
this helps.  Matt Ter Molen.  University of Chicago.  [log in to unmask]
uchicago.edu.