Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gordon Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 17:11:27 GMT
Hi all,

> Anyone know how or why I was recently removed from the list?

I now understand how and why this happened and  pass  my  experience  on
that it may help others.

I connect to the Net via a dial-up PPP connection and was unable to  get
on  the net for a while (about 3 weeks) due to workload.  Bee-L received
messages saying 'unable to deliver after 8 days' and I was removed  from
the list under the reasonable presumption that my machine 'was no more'.
Other mail delivery problems could have the same effect.  This  sort  of
cleaning  up  is  pretty  much a standard procedure on mailing lists, so
accidents like this will happen occasionally.

Initially I was puzzled because the 'perpetrator' appeared not to be  at
albany  and  I  was  concerned about possible interference, so I did not
contact them until I knew they were an owner.

--
Gordon Scott    [log in to unmask]         100332,3310 on CompuServe
Newsletter      [log in to unmask]      ditto

The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is  that  surrounds
universes.