HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 07:28:35 CST
published back in 1990 which were concerned with  professional
cooperation between archaeologists and historians. For whatever
it's worth, I found that archaeologists were much more concerned
with this issue than were historians, based on the calls, e-mails,
etc. that I received.

There was also a pannel on professional cooperation that I helped
organize and participated in at the 1992 meetings of the Society
for Historical Archaeology and the National Council for Public
History.

The references for the essays are as follows:

McCarthy, John P.
1990     An Archaeologist's Thoughts on History in Cultural
Resources Management.  Public History News 10 (2):3, 11.

        Archaeologists and Historians:  Working Together in
Cultural Resources Management?  Society of Professional
Archeologists Newsletter 15 (11):2-3.

Hope that this is some help.

John P. McCarthy
Principal, Senior Archaeologist/Historian
IMA Consulting, Inc.