HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 1995 16:04:07 -0700
   The Serranilla Banks Project is seeking an underwater archaeologist with an
M.A. in hand to work during the month of March in the Caribbean. The project
is co-sponsored by the Center for Spanish Colonial Archaeology and the Pacific
Geographic Society and is working with the Colombian government.
    The project is trying to locate the sites of the four galleons that sank
off the Serranillas during a hurricane. The galleons were part of the 1605
Terra Firme fleet, sailing from Cartegena to Spain.
    Please send all resumes, vitae, etc. to Anita Cohen-Williams at the
address below. If you know of anyone who is not on the Net, please feel free
to spread the word, or forward this announcement wherever.
    If you have any questions about the project, please let me know. We are
currently preparing a report on the preliminary reconissance that took place
in 1994.

Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
INTERNET: [log in to unmask]   Owner: HISTARCH