From:
"James E. Hoyt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 10:09:01 -0500
Friends and I have set hives (bottom boards) on shipping pallets. In
addition to raising the bottom boards away from the soil this method has
the advantage of discouraging skunks -- they can't protect their bellies
from bee stings should they decide on a bee dinner. The pallets are free
for the taking from various businesses and do need to be replaced every
couple of years.

.snip.