Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1993 20:55:00 +1300
          support from overseas readers to assist in lobbying
          for its continuation.

Many beekeepers, researchers and advisory personnel will be
familiar with the New Zealand Beekeeper magazine.  This quarterly
journal has been published for over 50 years by the National
Beekeepers Association of N.Z.  It contains articles for the
practical beekeeper, research and technical information, hobbyist
pages and industry and organisation material.

At a meeting two days ago, the National Executive decided to
cease publication of the magazine on cost saving grounds.  To
many of us, the costs are not great when compared to the value
the magazine gives to the industry, both direct and indirect.

I would like to ask readers of the BEE-LIST are familiar with the
magazine to provide me with messages that I will forward to the
National Executive.  I would like for you to help me to convince
them of the part the magazine plays in international perception
and reputation of our country and its beekeeping.

Thank you for your help.

          Nick Wallingford
      Bay of Plenty Polytechnic
     Internet [log in to unmask]