From:
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 1994 09:25:53 -0600
In Western Montana we had a poor year in 93 due to cool weather and
frequent showers (we had the back end of the storms that caused the
flooding in the Midwest).  Good news was that the moisture set us up for
a heavy sweet clover flow this summer.  In spite of a dry winter, that
flow did occur and most of the state turned yellow.  Unfortunately, we
also got unseasonably hot and dry by mid-July and much of the late summer
flow failed to materialize - even too dry for knapweed.  So, we did
better than last year on the sweet clover alone, but I don't think it is
going to be exceptional - just too dry.

Jerry Bromenshenk