From:
Rick Hough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 17:44:15 +0000
I saw this on the sci.agriculture newsgroup, and thought it might be of
interest
to some of the folks on this list, who may not regularly read that newsgroup.

Rick Hough, a beekeeper from NE of Boston, MA

Attention Biologists:
        The Biology Education Software Task force--BEST--is a group
interested in extending and improving the use of computer software
for undergraduate education in biology.  To that end, we are
requesting any available commercial or in-house programs for review
purposes, or any information concerning such software.  This includes
all interactive, multimedia, simulation or modeling software, or any
other relevant programs.  Software will be reviewed by faculty and
students from a wide range of biological  disciplines at the
Universtiy of Washington.  We will publish a review of the most
useful programs and a list of where they may be obtained in an
appropriate journal.
        If you have any software applicable to undergraduate
education in biology, or if you know of anyone who uses software in
teaching to whom we could write personally, please send us e-mail at

or write to

        BEST
        Department of Zoology, NJ-15
        University of Washington
        Seattle WA 98195.

If you want to speak to someone personally, David Baldwin can be
reached at 206-685-1924.