Date:
Thu, 5 May 1994 22:08:34 EDT
We have been studying cooling of bees as has Harald Esch at Notre Dame.
Honey bee workers go into chill coma at about 11C.  They can be chilled
for some time and still come "out of it"  We have not purposely chiiled
queens.  So we are very interested if this queen reported in chill coma
does lay fertile eggs or just drone eggs.  Please let us know on BEE-L.
Thanx