From:
Ray Lackey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1993 11:40:55 EST
As the concern for spreading disease and pests (mites) is growing
in the United States, northern beekeepers are growing concerned
about sources of early queens and bees.  We are looking into more
efficient overwintering to provide those bees.  There have been
some articles on the subject in "American Bee Journal" over the
recent years but they have lacked depth.  I have tried data base
searches available to me and have not had success.  I contaced our
bee research university, Cornell, in New York state, and they
were not able to help me.  They suggested Canada.  Can any of you
give me leads to a book covering the subject and how to get it?

Ray Lackey, Long Island Beekeepers Club, New York

--
Raymond J. Lackey          INTERNET: lackeyr @ drone.hazeltine.com
Mail: Hazeltine Corp., MS-1-2, 450 Pulaski Rd., Greenlawn NY 11740