Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1991 10:06:00 N
Paul,

/Since I didn't get any responses re. my smoker's cough article, I am going to
/switch subjects.  We are going to try to make beeswax candles and also
/cold cream, and would like to ask the net for a good technique for cleaning
/beeswax.

To try out:
A cheap and simple technique I know is to warm up the wax in a little water,
till it melts. Then you pour it into a cloth (kind of jute) and wring it out
immediatly above a bucket. The pollution in the wax stays in de bag. To
have more output you have to wear rubber gloves. Now can use more power to
wring and it is less painfull because of the warm/hot wax.
The result is 'clean'.

/ We are currently running it through a Kleenex(R) filter, but I
/don't think it could clear up wax that's a little darker.
/Thanks for any advise not on dead bee traps...

What is a Kleenex(R) filter? and cold cream?

Clint writes:

/Paul, Put your wax in a container with water, stick it in the microwave and
/zap it until it melts. The best wax will float and cool on the top. Then do
/it again...and again...and again. Til you like the result.

"The best wax ..."
What do you mean with 'best wax'. I don't think that you can separate 'good'
or 'bad' wax, by warming up.

"...will float and cool on the top".
Does this mean that the pollution sinks, and that you have to remove 'the top'
after cooling down, melt it and remove the top after cooling down, again..
and again..etc.
Besides it is very labour-intensive, does it have a great 'clean' output?

Peter van Empel