Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
KIRK VISSCHER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1991 06:56:00 PST
This is to call to the attention of readers of Bee-L the possibility of
and the desirability of sending Private E-mail, rather than posting
everything on the public line.  When Tom Sanford posts an issue APIS, or
Peter Kevan announces the availability of BumbleBeeQuest, it is not
necessary, nor is it especially polite, to send your response, which is
a private communication of no particular general interest, to Bee-L.
Instead, such things should be sent to the personal Bitnet address of the
person posting them, which is always included in the header of the
transmission.  I don't mean to inhibit exchanges of information and views
about topics posted to Bee-L: this is the stuff that makes it a vital
forum.  Rather, I mean the multiple messages of "yes, I'm interested,"
or "I got it" that just take up everyones time and disk space to skip over.
-yer friendly neighborhood crank, Kirk Visscher.