From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2024 20:09:06 -0700
In my opinion, there's absolutely no justification for this sort of
overreach.

However, a substantial number in the populations are irrationally afraid of
all diseases and feel that no measure is too extreme to try to achieve zero
levels, including whatever extreme means they imagine could conceivably
work -- even if the cure is worse than the imagined and exaggerated threat.

Improvements in detection methods have tended to expose and magnify
vanishingly small risks and to exacerbate and justify this tendency to
overreact. It is well known that people are very poor at evaluating risks
and tend to overestimate remote possibilities and understanding immediate
ones.

Of course we don't have the whole story but on the surface this looks to be
a tremendous abuse of power based on ignorance and wishful thinking.