From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2024 12:01:25 -0400
> The strongest force in physics is an electromagnetic charge

> Stopped reading there...

I got quite a..... charge out of it, myself.

For the record, the "Strong Nuclear Force", or just the "Strong Force" is actually the "strongest force in physics", as it does what it says on the box.
It holds quarks together to form protons and such.

I lobbied hard to rename the Strong Force "the Quarkscrew", but official bodies that name things are a bunch of stuffy geezers with no sense of joy or humor.

Of course, over longer distances, gravity is doing a lot more work than any of the other forces, attracting entire galaxies to each other, not just tiny fundamental particles.  So, in terms of ability to move mass, gravity wins.

Bees somehow sense gravity, as they always do their dances with a direction vector that is clearly an angle from the vertical.  One would think that we humans can also sense gravity, but we don’t do it well, as anyone who has scuba dived at night or flown an airplane through heavy clouds can verify.